ASEAN - Outlook for 2016 and Beyond
About the Business Luncheon:
The ASEAN Community has been formally established. At the same time, various quarters are still not very familiar with the details and benefits of the ASEAN Community. In particular, the business sectors are not sure what the economic pillar of the ASEAN Community entails. Many measures for economic integration have been implemented but such actions are not well known or accepted by the business community.
It is useful to look at a few specific areas of ASEAN economic integration and to explore what further action is needed to root community building. In doing so, the outlook for the ASEAN Community going into 2017, which is the 50th anniversary of ASEAN, will be discussed.
About the Speaker:
Ambassador Ong Keng Yong is Executive Deputy Chairman of the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies at the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Concurrently, he is Ambassador-at-Large at the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs and also serves as Chairman of the Singapore International Foundation (SIF).
Mr Ong was High Commissioner of Singapore to Malaysia from 2011 to 2014. He served as Secretary-General of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), based in Jakarta, Indonesia from January 2003 to January 2008. Following which, he served as the Director if the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at NUS.
- Please note that registration starts at 11.30am
- Please be notified that pictures will be taken during the event for publications on our website, newsletters and printed publications
- If you wish to cancel your reservation, do so at least two (2) working days in advance, or no refund will be provided
- NO SHOWS or cancellation on the day of the event will be charged the full amount
- The event description was updated. Diff#147109 2016-02-10 04:12:21
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM SGT
- Orchard Hotel, Ballroom 3, Level 3
SGC Members FULL Member Company Associates (incl. 7% GST) SOLD OUT $89.00 Guests (incl. 7% GST) SOLD OUT $119.00
- Venue Address
- Orchard Hotel, 442 Orchard Road, Singapore 238879 Singapore